Social Network Analysis
- To understand how network contagion in terms of behaviors and attitudes occurs in organizations and on campuses.
- For example, are turnover and unethical behaviors contagious via networks? What are the possible mechanisms underlying the network contagion?
- How are networks related to effective leadership and certain personality traits such as narcissism?
- Below is an illustration of turnover network contagion we found in a middle-sized corporation, where the gray dots represent employees who turned over in the first 5 months, followed by the network connected peers who turned over (shown in red dots), month after month, in the subsequent 25 months. The size of the dots represent the network contagion effect based on social network analysis.
Applied Psychometrics & Technology
- Using eye-tracking techniques and machine learning computational models to study individual differences such as aggression, autism, intelligence, creativity, etc.
- To develop new or improve existing assessments for personnel selection (e.g., personality, emotional intelligence, leadership potential) and organizational research (e.g., work engagement)
- To study usability of various test designs for computers, tablets, and mobile phones.
Text Mining & Big Data Analytics
- We combine text mining techniques and machine learning computational modeling methods to study grand challenges in psychology, management, and education.
- For example, we understand the temporal dynamics of job stress and work emotions nationwide.
- We text analyze hundreds of corporate statements on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
- We study millions of online reviews from glassdoor.com and www.ratemyprofessors.com.