Social Network Analysis
- To understand how network contagion in terms of behaviors and attitudes occurs in organizations and on campuses.
- For example, are turnover and unethical behaviors contagious via networks? What are the possible mechanisms underlying the network contagion?
- How are networks related to effective leadership and certain personality traits such as narcissism?
- To develop new or improve existing assessments for personnel selection (e.g., personality, emotional intelligence, leadership potential) and organizational research (e.g., work engagement)
- To assess differential item functioning for various group settings
- To study new testing techniques (e.g., computerized adaptive testing, computer simulation, etc.)
Big Data & Technology
- By leveraging text analysis techniques and other computational modeling methods, we study for meaningful insights by analyzing massive social media data.
- For example, we try to understand the temporal dynamics of job stress and work emotions nationwide.
- We also try to understand students' teaching evaluations through millions of ratings and comments from www.ratemyprofessors.com